Walnut buckwheat chocolate smoothie
Walnut buckwheat chocolate smoothie is a nourishing vegan, gluten-free and delicious smoothie and my go to breakfast on my clean eating diet. Prep time doesn't include soaking nuts and buckwheat groats overnight.
- 1/4 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cups buckwheat groats
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cups frozen zucchini or frozen cauliflower
- 1 pitted date (or more depending on how sweet you want)
- 1,5 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp vegan protein powder
- 0,5 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon and 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- Toppings: berries or whatever you like
Soak buckwheat groats and walnuts overnight in a bowl filled with water.
Drain and rinse nuts and groats and blend with all other ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Top with berries, nut butter, puffed quinoa or anything you like! Enjoy this nourishing breakfast! I enjoy mine with a nice foamy latte.