Gluten-free vegan banana-sweetened berry galette
Gluten-free vegan banana-sweetened berry galette is a rustic naturally sweet treat perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert. It's ready in 30 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1/3 (30 g / ~1 oz) ripe sweet banana
- 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 3,5 oz / 100 g fresh strawberries
- 2 oz / 60 g fresh cherries
- For serving, optional: maple syrup (or other sweetener), plant-based whipped cream or ice cream.
Preheat oven to 356 F / 180 C.
Mash banana with a fork.
Mix all dry ingredients: flour, salt, spices.
Add coconut butter, coconut oil and mashed banana. Mix until well combined.
Place in the fridge while you slice the berries.
Roll crust on parchment paper into a thin round shape with a rolling pin.
Add berries in the middle and fold the edges with the help of the parchment paper.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden and berries look a bit jammy.
Enjoy galette with syrup, ice cream or whipped cream or just plain!