Cardamom cake with caramel frosting (gluten-free, vegan)
This cardamom cake with caramel frosting (gluten-free, vegan) is ridiculously easy to make and melts-in-your-mouth delicious.
- 130 grams / 200 ml light gluten-free flour mix (all-purpose) I use a flour mix which contains light rice flour and dark rice flour and psyllium
- 60 grams / 150 ml almond flour
- 90 grams / 100 ml castor sugar
- 35 grams / 50 ml brown sugar
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp ground cardamom
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 100 ml melted coconut oil or neutral oil of choice
- 150 ml Kaslink AITO Barista oat drink
Vegan caramel frosting
- 50 grams / about 50 ml cashew butter
- 35 grams / about 50 ml brown sugar
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Kaslink AITO Barista oat drink
- pinch or a few pinches of salt
- For decorating cake: cranberries, lingonberries or pomegranate arils
Preheat oven to 200 C / 392 F.
Line the bottom of a springform pan with a baking sheet.
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add oil and oat drink and mix well until no clumps left.
Pour batter to the springform pan and bake in the oven for 20 min or until toothpick test comes out clean (but no longer than 25 min because the cake will become too dry).
While the cake is in the oven, mix all vegan caramel ingredients together in a pan. Let simmer on low heat for a few minutes until smooth.
Let cake cool after baking, take out of the springform pan.
Spread vegan caramel on top of cake and decorate with berries. Enjoy!