Chickpea and Millet Burrito
Chickpea and millet burrito is the perfect recipe to kick off a healthier month. It's also perfect for Veganuary!
- 14 oz / 400 g canned (ready to eat) chickpeas I use two cans of chickpeas in brine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1,5 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sweet (mild) paprika powder
- 0,5 tsp garlic powder
- 0,5 tsp coconut sugar
- few pinches of salt
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1,5 cup water (or veggie stock)
- 1/2 veggie stock cube (if not using veggie stock)
- vegetables of choice we use: cucumber, bell peppers, cabbage, celery
- romaine lettuce or greens of choice
- tomato salsa I use a store brought organic mild salsa
- optional: vegan cheese
- unsweetened vegan yogurt I use coconut yogurt, because it's so creamy and thick
- tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 180 C / 356 F
Whisk the chickpea marinade ingredients together.
Place chickpeas in a baking pan / sheet and mix in the marinade until the chickpeas are fully covered.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Bring water, veggie stock cube (or veggie stock) & millet to a boil and cover with lid.
Cook millet covered with lid in low heat for 15 minutes or until water is fully absorbed. Do not stir the millet while it's cooking.
Remove the pan from heat and let sit covered with lid for about 10-15 minutes.
Fill the tortillas with chickpeas, millet, crumbled tortilla chips, veggies, lettuce, cilantro, salsa, yogurt and vegan cheese. Squeeze some lime on the toppings.