Blood Orange Vanilla Oatmeal
Creamy and sweet, this blood orange vanilla oatmeal will brighten up your day! It's ready in 15 minutes and tastes a bit like candy...but of course it's much healthier :)
Blood orange vanilla oatmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oat drink (or other plant-based milk) I use Kaslink AITO organic oat drink
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cashew butter coconut butter works too! And also white chocolate butter (recipe link in this post)
- pinch of salt
- if you want a sweeter oatmeal, you can add sweetener e.g.maple syrup would work well
- the juice of one blood orange
- blood orange slices
- coconut sugar
Optional: Place the oats in a saucepan, add water + milk and let soak for a few minutes.
Bring the oats + liquid to a boil and reduce heat.
Cook the oats in medium - low heat stirring every now and then until the oatmeal is soft and creamy (5-10 minutes). Add more liquid if needed.
Optional: Turn off heat and remove the saucepan from the heat. Put a lid on and let the oatmeal stay covered for a few minutes.
When the oatmeal is ready stir in the vanilla, cashew butter and salt.
Squeeze the juice of one blood orange to the oatmeal, give it a little stir and serve the oatmeal with toppings.
Enjoy this lovely sweet breakfast!