Vegan Gluten-Free Savory Kale Pancakes
Who doesn't love a nice warm stack of bright green, wholesome and flavorful pancakes? These pancakes are the perfect Sunday breakfast or meal, and they are very kid-friendly.
- 4 big kale leaves use only the leaves
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour I use a high-quality Finnish brand Virtasalmen Viljatuote
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried herbs such as basil
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 cup oat cream for cooking or other unsweetened cooking cream, also coconut cream would work I use Kaslink AITO oat cuisine.
- 1 cup oat milk or other unsweetened plant-based milk
- olive oil for cooking
Wash kale leaves and remove stem.
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender or powerful food processor until very smooth and creamy.
Heat olive oil in a (pancake) pan and use about 1-1,5 tbsp of pancake batter per pancake. Shape into a round pancake with the help of a spoon.
Cook pancakes in medium heat for a few minutes, turn and cook a minute or two from the other side until fully cooked from both sides (a little bit brown, but still a lovely shade of green)
Enjoy pancakes with mashed potatoes or as a nourishing breakfast.