Vegan spring pasta with roasted carrots and yogurt sauce
This simple light pasta is a flavorful and lovely spring dish. You can eat it in a minimal way like this or add your favorite source of protein to make it more wholesome.
- 10,5 oz / 300 g carrots I used thin small ones. If you have large carrots, just cut them into small thin pieces.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Coconut yogurt sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural flavored coconut yogurt I use Happy Coco natural yogurt, which is not sweet at all
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Pasta for 4
- ~1/2 cup fresh mint
- ~1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan
- black pepper to taste
- dried chili flakes to taste
Preheat oven to 392 F / 200 C.
Rinse and dry carrots and chop large ones into thin sticks.
Mix the seasoning ingredients and use about 1/2 of the sauce to coat the carrots. Leave the rest of the seasoning to serve with pasta.
Roast carrots on a baking sheet for about 15-20 min or until the carrots are softer (but not too soft if you want a bit of crunch).
Mix coconut yogurt ingredients.
Cook pasta according to instructions.
Serve pasta with roasted carrots, yogurt sauce, rest of the seasoning mix, fresh mint, vegan parmesan, black pepper and chili flakes. Enjoy this light spring pasta!