Banana-free cashew raspberry smoothie
Banana-free cashew raspberry smoothie is a delicious creamy berrylicious snack or breakfast filled with good-for-you ingredients! The ingredient list is long, but I'm sure most of these ingredients can be found in your kitchen already.
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen berries: raspberries, wild blueberries and strawberries I used about 1/2 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen zucchini or cauliflower
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 0,5 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1-2 dates I used 2 small ones
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup plant milk of choice
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut yogurt Optional, adds a lovely creaminess
- pinch of salt
- For serving: raspberries and strawberries or berries of choice
If you have time I recommend soaking cashews in a bowl filled with water overnight or at least 30 min in hot water. You can skip this step if your blender is very powerful or if you don't mind having some cashew pieces in your smoothie.
Blend all ingredients except salt until smooth and creamy. Taste and add pinch of salt, blend again and taste. Notice the difference?
Enjoy this healthy berry smoothie!ps Remember to chew your smoothie! This way you'll start the digestion process already in your mouth and you absorb the nutrients in your smoothie better :)