Gluten-free vegan tosca cake
Gluten-free vegan Tosca cake is a traditional soft cake with sweet almond caramel on top. This Nordic classic is very easy to make vegan and gluten-free.
- 130 g / 0,85 cups white gluten-free flour mix
- 60 g / 0,6 cups almond flour
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 0,4 cups (100 ml) light syrup
- 0,4 cups (100 ml) thick oat drink for coffee Or any other thick plant-based milk
- 0,4 cups (100 ml) natural flavored liquid oil
- 0,4 cups oat cream for cooking or coconut cream
- 0,4 cups light syrup
- 50 g almond flakes
- pinch of salt
- For serving: plant-based whipped cream
Preheat oven to 200 C / 392 F. Line a springform pan with parchment paper.
Mix dry ingredients. Add syrup, oat drink and oil.
Pour into the pan and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Mix all almond-caramel ingredients in a skillet. Let bubble away in medium heat for about 10 minutes stirring until the caramel is thicker and light brown.
Spread caramel on top of cake evenly and bake in the oven for another 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan for a while and enjoy with plant-based whipped cream!