Vegan rum cake for the holidays
This lush vegan rum cake for the holidays is a flavorful combination of dark cocoa powder and rum with a little citrusy zing in the frosting.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
- 130 g / ~2 dl light gluten-free flour mix I'm using one with a mix of rice flour, buckwheat flour, corn flour (non GMO) and psyllium.
- 40 g / ~1 dl almond flour
- 20 g / ~0,5 dl dark cocoa powder
- 130 g / ~1,5 dl sugar
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 130 ml oat based cooking cream (neutral flavor) also thick coconut milk or coconut cream will work
- 50 ml rum
- 100 ml neutral oil such as melted neutral coconut oil
- 2 dl / a bit less than 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1,5 tbsp rum
- 1 tbsp oat cream or coconut cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: Cranberries and mint leaves for decoration.
Preheat oven to 200 C / 392 F and line the bottom of a pan with parchment or grease the pan well.
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add cream, rum, oil and mix well.
Pour batter into the baking pan and bake for about 25 min or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Let cool in the pan before removing.
Mix frosting ingredients and adjust ingredients to taste and preferred consistency.
Coat the cake with frosting and decorate with cranberries and mint leaves (optional, but looks very festive!). Enjoy this delightful winter cake!