Oatmeal cookies gluten free and vegan! This is an easy recipe for wholesome, I would even say healthy oatmeal snack cookies. The ingredients for oatmeal cookies are simple and can probably be found in every pantry. See below how easy these cookie bars are to make!Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for Oatmeal Cookies
This is what you need:
- rolled oats
- almond flour
- vegan butter
- coconut butter (different from coconut oil, see here how easy it is to make coconut butter from shredded coconut)
- coconut sugar
- dark chocolate chips (if you use vegan milk chocolate, these oatmeal cookies become more like dessert)
You can bake these cookies on one small baking tray. Just press the cookie dough on a parchment paper on the tray and then cut it into bars when the cookie is still warm. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning or as a snack, on the go, on a picnic, or as dessert!
Oatmeal Cookies Gluten free Vegan Recipe
Oatmeal Cookies Gluten free Vegan
- Baking tray about 23 x 30 cm / 9 x 11 in
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 cups (180 g) gluten free rolled oats 1 cup (90 grams) is blended into flour
- 1/3 cup (40 g) almond flour You can use 1/3 cup almond meal: just blend blanched almonds until you have a course "flour"
- 1/3 cup (50 g) coconut sugar You can use light brown sugar too.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (50 g) melted vegan butter Melt on the stove top or in the microwave together with the coconut butter.
- 1/3 cup (80 g) melted coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 2 tbsp coconut syrup / date syrup / maple syrup You can use any syrup you like.
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 390 F and line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flax seeds with water to create a vegan "egg".
- Blend 1 cup of rolled oats into fine flour.
- Mix the oat flour, the remaining 1 cup of rolled oats, the almond flour or meal, coconut sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add the melted vegan butter, coconut butter, flax "egg" and vanilla extract and mix until you have a coarse cookie dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough on the tray and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and a bit crispy.
- Cut the cookie into bars while it's still warm and let the bars cool down on the tray before removing them.
- Store the cookies in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Fantastic Vegan Cookies – 60 delicious cookie recipes!
If you’re searching for more cookie inspiration, I’ve got you covered with my new book Fantastic Vegan Cookies! This vegan baking book is a collection of 60 scrumptious cookie recipe divided into 6 sections:
- My all-time favorite cookie recipes including Blueberry Pie Cookies and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies and cookie inspiration from the Nordics with the cardamom flavored Semla Bun Cookie and Grandma Martha’s Lace Cookies (cookies from my childhood veganized).
- Chocolate Lover’s Cookies: no need to explain this one, just a chapter full of heavenly chocolate treats!
- Berry and Fruit Lover’s Cookies: a creative collection of both classic fruity cookies such as Linzer Cookies and yummy creative ones such as Piña Colada Cookies with a delicious coconut cream flavored with rum.
- Mouthwatering Cookie Bars: a selection of chocolatey and berrylicious cookie bars such as melt-in-your-mouth lemony Birthday Cake Bars and Cookie Butter Bars.
- Flavorful Snack Cookies: naturally sweetened snack cookies, which are simple to make. This chapter also includes 3 savory cookie recipes such as the cute heart-shaped Pizza Cookies and Thyme Parmesan Cookies.
- Scrumptious No-Bake Cookies and Bars: from Carrot Cheesecake Cookies to Fudgy Tahini Cookie Dough Bars and “Snickers” Bars, this section of no-bakes has all the delicious flavors you could ever want in a cookie!
Fantastic Vegan Cookies will be published December 7 in the US and Canada and a bit later internationally. Here’s how to Pre-order your copy just in time for Christmas baking 🙂
Click the images below to pre-order your copy of Fantastic Vegan Cookies
Leave a Reply