Are you ready to move on to spring recipes? Lots of fresh, colorful food? I’m not ready yet because it was -17C / ~1 F this morning! So please stick with me, because this vegan cardamom loaf cake with chocolate heart is delicious!
Who loves vegan loaf cakes?
I do – a lot!
I fell in love with my raspberry loaf cake with a raspberry heart inside, and I wanted to create a chocolate heart version, too. The chocolate is so gooey straight from the oven, and with a sweet sugary cocoa frosting, this is a major treat for sure.
Chocolate and cardamom is also a very flavorful combo. It’s one of those natural warming matches similar to cardamom and caramel. Well, I guess cardamom paired with any flavor is yummy. Berries work well too! In fact you could make this with blueberries as well and it would be super delicious.
That’s what I’m going to try next! Stay tuned ♥
More chocolate treat recipes on the blog:
No-bake vegan bounty mousse tart (chocolate-coconut)
Vegan cardamom loaf cake with chocolate hear recipe:
Vegan cardamom loaf cake with chocolate heart
- Oil for greasing the loaf pan
- 1,5 cups flour (350 ml / 230 g)
- 3/4 cups almond flour (200 ml / 80 g)
- 3/4 cups coconut sugar (200 ml / 140 g)
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk I use oat drink by Kaslink AITO
- 3/4 cups plant-based yogurt Soy yogurt works well in baking
- 1/4 cups olive oil (or neutral liquid oil of choice)
- 2,1 oz dark chocolate (60g)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ~2 tbsp plant-based milk You can use more or less milk depending on the consistency you want.
- Preheat oven to 375 F / 190 C. Grease loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl: flours, sugar, cardamom, baking powder and salt.
- Combine yogurt, milk and oil in another bowl and mix well into the dry ingredients.
- Pour about half of the cake batter to the loaf pan.
- Place small pieces of chocolate into the middle of the cake in a straight line and press them a little bit to the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick, and continue for another 5 minutes if the batter still sticks to the toothpick.
- Wait for about 15 min until taking the cake out of the pan.
- Mix all frosting ingredients and coat the cake. There should be a thick layer of frosting on top.
- Store the cake in the fridge for up to 5 days. The chocolate will be harder then, but it's a nice surprise in the middle of the cake! Enjoy!
ps You can follow Myberryforest also on Facebook!