Are you ready to move on to spring recipes? Lots of fresh, colorful food? I’m not ready yet because it was -17C / ~1 F this morning! So please stick with me, because this vegan cardamom loaf cake with chocolate heart is delicious!
I kind of fell in love with my raspberry loaf cake with a raspberry heart inside, and I wanted to create a chocolate heart version, too. The chocolate is so gooey straight from the oven, and with a sweet sugary cocoa frosting, this is a major treat for sure.
My kids love this vegan cardamom loaf cake with chocolate heart, and they were pretty pleased to help me take the photos 🙂 Just look at that frosting ♥
About the recipe: I know not everyone is nuts about cardamom like I am, so you can always leave it out or use e.g.vanilla instead. I bet even cinnamon could work.
More chocolate treat recipes on the blog:
No-bake vegan bounty mousse tart (chocolate-coconut)
Vegan cardamom loaf cake with chocolate heart
- Oil for greasing the loaf pan
- 1,5 cups flour (350 ml / 230 g)
- 3/4 cups almond flour (200 ml / 80 g)
- 3/4 cups coconut sugar (200 ml / 140 g)
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk I use oat drink by Kaslink AITO
- 3/4 cups plant-based yogurt Soy yogurt works well in baking
- 1/4 cups olive oil (or neutral liquid oil of choice)
- 2,1 oz dark chocolate (60g)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ~2 tbsp plant-based milk You can use more or less milk depending on the consistency you want.
- Preheat oven to 375 F / 190 C. Grease loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl: flours, sugar, cardamom, baking powder and salt.
- Combine yogurt, milk and oil in another bowl and mix well into the dry ingredients.
- Pour about half of the cake batter to the loaf pan.
- Place small pieces of chocolate into the middle of the cake in a straight line and press them a little bit to the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick, and continue for another 5 minutes if the batter still sticks to the toothpick.
- Wait for about 15 min until taking the cake out of the pan.
- Mix all frosting ingredients and coat the cake. There should be a thick layer of frosting on top.
- Store the cake in the fridge for up to 5 days. The chocolate will be harder then, but it's a nice surprise in the middle of the cake! Enjoy!
ps You can follow Myberryforest also on Facebook!